A successful campaign requires a well written and appealing story. A well written story will explain your cause and will engage the donors.
Please follow these steps in order to write a story for your campaign in the best way:
- Inform donors whom or why you are raising funds.
- Explain how much raising of the funds means to you.
- Be specific about the expenses. It is important that the donors know where their money will go.
- Be sincere. When you write with your heart, people will feel it and show compassion for your experience.
- Cast aside all prejudices. Your story is just as what it is. Don’t change it and don’t hide important parts of it.
- Remember your main purpose - to win the empathy of donors.
- Short paragraphs are easy to read and understand.
2. Add subtitles:
Think about subtitles such as “The Story”, “The expenses”, “How you can help?” etc. This is a good way to focus on different parts of the Story.
3. Add photos (or videos!)
Photos and videos add incredible power to a story and will significantly raise the success of a campaign.
Read how to choose the perfect photos for your campaign - here.
Read why you should upload a video - here.
4. Check your spelling.
Check the text several times to be sure that there are no errors.